RAGI BARFI/RAGI FUDGE BROWNIE
Ragi is a rich source of fiber and helps lower cholesterol level. - Ragi is best food for weight control, diabetes and a cooling the body.
There's a lot of interest in ancient grains these days. Before the 1950s, whole grains such as barley, brown rice, amaranth and ragi were staples in our traditional diet after which rice took over completely. A whole grain is one which contains all three parts of the kernel - the bran, germ and endosperm while refined grains are processed to retain only the endosperm. This makes whole grains healthier as they contain the fiber-dense bran and along with other essential nutrients that are not lost due to processing. Ragi is one such super grain that has recently made a comeback. It is a hardy crop that can grow in high altitudes and withstand harsh weather conditions, making it perfectly suited for the Indian climatic conditions. Popularly known as Finger Millet or Nachni in North India.
In this recipe ,Ragi is the main ingredient.This Ragi Barfi you can relish after workout.And kids can enjoy Ragi Barfi at any time.
Let us start with the recipe:----
- 2 cups of Ragi flour(250 gm)
- 2 cups jaggery powder(250 gm)
- 1 cup milk powder (100 gm)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup coconut powder(60gm)
- First add ghee in a hot pan over low flame.
- Add ragi flour ,roast it on a low flame.
- Roast it for 15-20 mins,till it changes colour
- Add milk powder and mix it properly.
- Add jaggery powder and milk.
- Mix and cook it properly ,till it starts leaving ghee.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Grease a plate ,switch off the flame.
- Transfer mixture on a plate.
- Spread evenly with a plane bowl.
- Spread almonds and coconut powder properly.Cool it and then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After it cools properly ,cut into square pieces.
- Enjoy Ragi barfi .