Nutritious Oats Chena kids Barfi
|Oats Chena Kids Barfi|
Winters ,time to relish nuts with little bits of traditional style .Cold weather always demand munching .We cant resist our self to search some delicious ladoos,Barfiis,halwa... But Children never ready to touch our authentic sweets.But if u try my innovative Healthy Oats Chena kids Barfi,kid not only finish fast but demands more.My son loves drawing stars, smiley.He is always overjoyed to have imaginary shapes on his plates.Kids play making story with shapes and eat all healthy home made magic at one go and its also good for their little tummy.Now how to go...................
- 2 Tbsp oats powder
- 2 Tbsp Chena(home made paneer)
- 3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ghee or oil if needed
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 4 saffron threads
- 3 pistachio
How to prepare :Time: prep:15mins,cooking:15mins:
- First roast Quaker oats for 1 minute in a pan over low flame.
- Take out oats from a pan and blend it into powder when it turns into room temperature.
- Prepare chena from 2 cup milk .For that take 2 cup milk in a saucer and add 2 Tbsp curd or lemon juice .Boil it till chena or paneer and water get separated over low flame.
Chena and water separated
- Using a stainer,drain the liquid and
- keep the chena/paneer aside and now that we have made the chena ,the next step is to use the powder oats done in the first step and remaining milk.
Making Chena Oats Barfi:
- In another heavy bottom pan,put 1 cup of milk to boil.
- Add 2 Tbsp sugar,2 Tbsp Oats powder keep stirring at regular intervals else it might get stuck at the bottom.After 2 minutes add 2 Tbsp chena that we prepared before.Stir the mixture continuously.Keep the flame at medium - low heat.
Milk Chena and oats boiling
- Cook the mixture for another 5 minutes and add cardamom powder.
- The mixture will start to get really thick now.Add ghee/butter/oil and keep cooking till it starts to leaving sides.
- Once the mixture reaches a consistency where it looks like it will set,switch off the flame and keep the pan aside.
- Take a plate grease it with ghee .Place star,diamond or heart shape Cooke cutter and pour the mixture in between and press with ur fingers to get proper shape ...or /pour the mixture on plate press..
- garnish with pistachios and saffron .let the mixture cool down for 20 minutes.
shape the barfi
- Time to present it in a way u want