Moong Dal Gud #Barfi
Moong Dal Gud Barfi is an Authentic Protein Bars .It is a protein bar as it is made up of moong dal as main ingredient which has high protein.
Let us start with:---
- 5-6 Tbsp(1/3 cup) Moong dal
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) urad dal
- 5-6 Tbsp (1/3 cup) besan(gram flour)
- 1 and 1/2 cup jaggery powder( chopped jaggery)
- 2/3 cup(10 Tbsp)ghee
- 5-6 Tbsp (1/3 cup) milk powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- few almonds
- First take a mixing bowl.Add Moong Dal and Urad Dal .
- Wash dal properly and soak in water for 2-3 hours.
- After 3 hours ,take out water and transfer it in a blender.
- Add besan in the blender and blend it to a thick paste.
- Now take a nonstick pan.
- Heat over low flame.
- Add first 8 Tbsp ghee in a pan.
- Transfer dal paste in that hot pan and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring for 15minutes then add 2 more Tbsp of ghee .
- Keep stirring.Side by side boil 1 and half cup of water in pan.Add 1 and 1/2 cup of jaggery powder or chopped jaggery.
- You can decrease or increase jaggery according to your taste.
- Boil jaggery syrup for atleast 5-8 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Now on dal mixture add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
- Now after 20 minutes roasting and check if dal paste cooks properly.
- Then add jaggery syrup.
- Roast 2-5 minutes more .
- In a frying pan roast chopped almonds for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Now add chopped almonds in the mixture.
- Roast one to two more minutes till mixture starts leaving pan.
- Now switch off the flame and transfer mixture in the grease plate.
- Make it plain with any flat bowl.
- Sprinkle with some roasted flax seed ,sesame seed and some almonds.
- After 2 hours cut into square shape.
- Enjoy Moong Dal Gud barfi .A barfi without sugar but lots of protein and calcium.
GOOD KARMAAll our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this URL.
LIKE OUR VIDEOS!Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?If you have made the recipe and like it then do share the recipe link on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest. For Instagram mention @chotichotibhuk.combymonikaarya or tag #chotichotibhuk
Post a Comment