This recipe created just 5 minutes before making suji halwa...I planned to make suji halwa for my kiddos. But soon I realize they are not eating any fruits ...So, to make kids attracted towards freshly baked cake and give some innovation...I planned and baked this Orange Oats Suji Cake.
As the name give some hints of its ingredients. So not to waste time, let us start
- 1 cup suji
- 1/2 cup oats powder
- 1/2 cup Jowar flour
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup refined oil/butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 /2 tsp baking soda
- 1 orange
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- First of all, take a bowl and add curd and baking soda in it. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add suji, oats and jowar flour.
- Add baking powder and mix the dry ingredients.
- Now peel the orange.
- Keep the orange aside and clean the peel to take out fibres like a thread from the orange peel as white part is a bit sour.
- Chopped the peel.
- Take a pan to add chopped and cleaned peels. Add 1/2 cup orange juice.
- Heat the pan in a low flame.
- Boil it, till peels get soft and juice evaporates. Switch off the flame.
- Now add curd mixture into the dry mixture. Mix it properly. Add sugar. Leave it for 10 minutes, so that suji observe moisture.
- Now after 10 minutes add vanilla essence, cooked orange peel, lemon juice, oil and some 2-3 spoon orange juice
- Mix it, slowly add one -one spoon milk to make the cake batter.
- The batter should be like not too liquid nor thick.
- Take a greased baking pan. Dust some flour.
- Add cake batter and garnish with some peels of orange.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 180*c for 30 to 40 minutes till cake bake properly.
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy orangy cake ..More health more taste.