#Whole Wheat Date Walnut Jaggery Cake(#Microwave Recipe)(#WithoutSugar)
|Whole Wheat Date Walnut Jaggery Cake|
Christmas time, everywhere cakes, chocolate gifts zooming in and out.How to explain to kids that normal cakes are made of refined flour.Better option to bake something healthy, no sugar and fewer fats..With all this in my mind,I tried this Whole Wheat Date Walnut #Jaggery #Cake with my children. Guess what,It comes out to be more healthy, softer and much more mouth watery...Plus this Whole Wheat cake has the goodness of Jaggery, Date and Walnut.And Whole Wheat is itself full of #fibers.
So, let us start with
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4-5 dates soaked in 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2-4 drops lemon juice
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- few walnuts
- First take whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Add jaggery and mix it properly.
- Now in separate bowl/cup whisk egg, butter properly.
- Blend dates to make a paste.
- Now add the egg mixture in whole wheat flour mixture. Keep on whisking.
- Add dates paste also in the mixing bowl.
- Keep on adding half cup milk slowly to get cake type thick batter.
- Add cinnamon powder, vanilla essence and lemon juice. Keep on whisking.
- Grease a baking pan and dust some whole wheat flour. Pour cake batter and decorate with walnuts.
- Bake it in the microwave for 3 and half minutes or bake it in an oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 to 35 minutes.