Pumpkin Ki #Barfi
|Pumpkin Ki Barfi|
Pumpkin, a #superfood now gaining popularity due to its nutrition benefits. Being a mother I am always in search of the way to feed healthy food to my kids. But with pumpkin in vegetable form or soup,#kids make excuses. So this chocolaty colour Pumpkin barfi, no one can resist to have at least one. In this recipe,I have chosen jaggery instead of white sugar, very less ghee. So, in this way, it's more filling with less guilt.
Pumpkin Ki Barfi Recipe
- 500gm yellow pumpkin
- 1 and 1/2 cup besan
- 1 cup jaggery powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cinnamon powder
- 2 drops vanilla essence
- 2 to 3 Tbsp ghee
- 2 cup of water
- Few dry fruits (cashew nut)
- 2 -3 saffron thread
- 2 Tbsp coconut powder
- First, take chopped pumpkin in a pan with 2 cups water and boil it covered, till water evaporates and pumpkin cooked completely.
- Besides, take besan in a thick bottom pan on a low flame and keep on stirring.
- Try to roast besan till its colour changes into light brown and you start getting fragrance.
- Now mash pumpkin with a fork.
- Add this mashed pumpkin in a roasted besan and keep on stirring as the mixture may stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Now slowly add Ghee one-one spoon and keep on stirring.
- Add cinnamon powder, saffron threads, jaggery powder and vanilla essence and keep mixing so that it will leave the pan properly.
- Once it starts leaving pan switch off the flame and transfer mixture on a greased plate.
- Spread it properly and press with a plain bowl to get a flat surface.
- Garnish with dry fruits and spread coconut powder.
- Mark it on the mixture to get barfi square shape.
- When its cold takes out the pieces and enjoy.
- Keep it in the fridge for a longer shelf life.
- So,, try this recipe for #chotichotibhuk.