|Ragi Khorak(Sindhi dessert)|
Gondh is widely used in Ayurvedic preparation and is good for boosting the immunity, health and strength.
Chief ingredients of this recipe are Ragi. Popularly known as Finger Millet and Nachani in North India. Due to the health benefits of Ragi, it is called as wonder grain.
- Ragi is loaded with calcium and vitamin D.
- Helps in weight loss
- Full of fibres that aids digestion
- Packed with proteins and amino acids.
Let us start with :-----
- 1/2 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp Jowar flour
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 and 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 Tbsp gondh powder(edible gum)
- 1/2 cup dry fruits(almonds,cashews,raisins,pistachios)
- 1 tsp khus-khus
- First, grind cardamom into powder.
- Grind edible gum. And keep aside.
- Chop dry fruits separately. Keep aside
- First heat ghee in the heavy bottom pan.
- Add whole wheat flour, ragi flour and Jowar flour and start roasting on low flame.
- Keep on roasting by continuous stirring till colour starts changing to brown.
- Now add Gondh(edible gum) and saute it. Bubbles will form on adding gondh
- Then add cardamom powder.
- Keep roasting for more 5 mins.
- Besides roasting. Take a pan and add water and jaggery and keep over low flame till it starts boiling. Keep it aside.
- Now add half-dry fruits except raisins.
- Add khus-khus.
- Now mix it properly. Add jaggery water on high flame carefully. Keep stirring.
- Keep on stirring. At this stage, the mixture will start leaving the pan. Add raisins. Keep on stirring for more 2 to 3 mins.
- Pour this mixture on the greased plate.
- Mark marks with knife to get the shape of barfi. Spread remaining dry fruits on the top.
- Let it cool and serve.