Besan ke soft and crunchy ladoo
|Besan ke ladoo|
For Mom, besan a chickpea flour or gram flour has lots of health benefits as well.
- contains lots of protein, fibre and carbs.
- promote weight loss.
- is diabetic friendly food.
Let us start with:---
- 2 cup besan (thick)
- 1/2 cup suji
- 1 cup ghee(add 1/2 cup if required)
- 1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar (boora shakkar)
- 1 tsp powdered cardamoms
- 1/2 cup dry fruits powder(any )
- pinch turmeric for colour
How to make:---
- First, place the thick bottom pan on low flame.
- Add 1 cup ghee and stir it to melt it.
- When it starts to melt, transfer suji and besan together.
- Keep on stirring to roast it completely.
- On a low flame, keep stirring until the besan turns aromatic. It also begins to turn dark golden in colour.
- Keep stirring continuously otherwise besan will get burnt.
- Now sprinkle 1 Tbsp of water so that ladoo will get a good texture.
- Keep stirring until ghee begins to ooze out means comes out. You can see ghee while stirring. Add powdered cardamoms.
- Switch off the flame and transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Allow the paste to cool completely.
- Check its temperature, with your finger.
- When it turns into room temperature further add boora shakkar/powdered sugar and powdered dry nuts.
- Mix well completely. Taste it and add more sugar or ghee if needed.
- Apply ghee on your hands and take 1 Tbsp of mixture and make ladoo one by one.
- Serve it or store it in a airtight container.
Besan ke ladoo
Tip:---If you find difficult to give shape to ladoo add 1 to 2 Tbsp of more ghee to give stickness.