By Raminder Saini
Mango is known as the king of fruit. All wait for the summer season to relish juicy appetizing, flavoursome fruit. All love not only this fruit but all preparation like mango juice, mango ice cream and mango pickle..But this season you will start liking new version of Mango ----- Khatti Methi Mango Chutney...
This Recipe is an innovative creation of Raminder Saini.a very creative food artist and Professor by profession...
Lets us start with:----
- 5 cups fresh and ripe mango(peeled and grated)
- 3-4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 tsp saunf/fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 red chillies
- Black salt or sea salt (as per taste)
- Few almonds
- 1 Tbsp any cooking oil
- First add oil in a pan on a low flame..
- Add all spices one by one.
- When spices starts making cracking sound add mango (grated )and sugar.
- Cook all over low flame and keep stirring.
- Cook it uncovered .
- Cook it until water completely evaporates and it starts turning into a paste like.
- Now at last add crushed almonds and serve it cold.
- Enjoy hot and sweet mango chutney...